Sunday, April 16, 2017

Do You Remember?


Do you remember those moments many months ago?

Our romance on the river, our courtship over coffee, our
discussions at dinner, the seduction under the stars…I remember those
days when excitement coursed through my veins and joy filled my heart…
those nights when you felt the passion…and wanted me, too.

I missed you…you, with whom I felt saintly, naughty, beautiful,
intoxicated, and…human…Now, I miss the person I was those fleeting
moments I knew what I wanted, but feared too much to take the plunge.
Those rare flashes of truth taught me far more than the myriad instances
in which I knew what I didn’t want, but went for it anyway.

My clouded head and tightened chest reminded me that I forgot
far too soon, hoping to receive nourishment instead of rising from the
ashes. No longer do I call out in vain. Instead, I sing out a different tune.

I forgive us. All of us.

The feathers we carry may come from the people we pluck, or
from the arrows that break our hearts. Maybe they are simple strokes of
time on humanity’s winding path. In the end, these are the quills with
which we write our own narratives.

We no longer live in each other’s lives. Time encourages us to
move forward. Still, I will never forget how you have helped me shape
my story.

With love,

From the arrow who fell for you…

….And learned to spread her newfound wings.



No comments: